Instructions for using HemaPrompt FG and HemaPrompt
HemaPrompt and HemaPrompt FG Instructions
- Open the card so both specimen windows are visible.
- Apply a thin smear of specimen to each window. Do not cover entire window – leave an outer periphery for contrast. Close card & turn over.
- Grip where indicated. Lift up silver tab so that white developer pad is visible.
- Pull silver tab SLOWLY all the way to the right and completely remove. Developer pad will “flip over” as tab is pulled.
- Interpret patient results after 60 seconds.
- Positive = Any shade of blue
- Negative = No blue
- Internal Controls:
- Positive Control: Control monitor turning blue.
- Negative Control: White background behind blue control.
- Note: Controls must appear for valid results.